Tuesday, March 21, 2017

EDUC 638 Blog 1



Hello!  I am Ruth Joiner.  I live in Louisiana.  I have been married for 24 years and I have 2 grown sons.  I am in my final semester of my Masters degree in Teaching and Learning with a concentration in leadership.  My youngest son is graduating from high school in May and with that my life will be slowing down.  So I decided that since I am going to have all of this extra time on my hands I want to be a school administrator.  And so began this wonderful journey at Liberty University.  I have 15 years teaching experience and I currently teach Biology in a public high school.  I admit that I am technologically challenged.  I don’t tweet or blog, so I am looking forward to learning how to use these technological tools.  I want to be able to use technology effectively to help my students learn.  I know that I could be doing so much more to improve my instruction with technology.  I hope to move into an administrative position and I know I am going to need technology knowledge to serve my students and staff. 
The one scripture verse that I rely on is Jeremiah 29:11.  From the New International Version it reads “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future”.  I have clung to this verse through some trials in my life and I am always secure in knowing that God has my future.  Also, I apply this verse to my classroom.  As the teacher, it is my responsibility to help my students have hope and a future.  And so many kids need just that: some hope and someone to tell them that they can have a future.  God loves them and has great plans for them and so should I.  I don’t keep up with movie stars, but if I were to choose one to play me, I would pick Carrie Underwood.  She may be more of a music star than movie star.  I am originally from Oklahoma, very near where she is from.  We are both country girls and love the Lord with a deep faith.  And she would be an improvement to my singing ability.

I am looking forward to working with all of you.
Be blessed!


No comments:

Post a Comment